ChicagoSportsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Commentary: Last dance for the Cubs?
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Apr 20, 2020, 12:05 PM

I’ve written several times over the last six months that the Cubs will never be able to hold this core together past 2021, but with everything else going on in the world these days, somehow I must’ve pushed the idea to the back of my aging mind. The words ‘last dance’ slapped me back into reality. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Commentary: Last dance for the Cubs?

Apr 21, 2020, 12:19 PM

I don't think this is the last dance for the Cubs, but instead the last dance for this current group of players. You know when Marquee starts to bring in money, the Cubs are going to spend once again and do what they have to do to get back to 2016. Whether that means sell off the farm again or take a risk on more big contracts is yet to be seen, but i wouldnt say the team is on their last dance all together. Just with who they have now.

Apr 21, 2020, 3:00 PM

I’ve written several times over the last six months that the Cubs will never be able to hold this core together past 2021, but with everything else going on in the world these days, somehow I must’ve pushed the idea to the back of my aging mind. The words ‘last dance’ slapped me back into reality. Full Story »

I've never been a fair weather fan, and even if they slip into mediocrity, will still love the Cubbies. (May only reconsider if the Ricketts family, who I'm not fond of, does something truly outrageous).

Apr 21, 2020, 5:22 PM

Same will always root for the Cubbies.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic