ChicagoSportsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cubs News and Notes: 2020 Predictions, Marquee meltdown, Jason Kipnis, Betts to Dodgers
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Cubs News and Notes: 2020 Predictions, Marquee meltdown, Jason Kipnis, Betts to Dodgers

Feb 5, 2020, 7:50 AM

Many have been worried about the Cubs’ slow offseason, figuring team to land in the bottom half of the standings; USA Today agrees. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cubs News and Notes: 2020 Predictions, Marquee meltdown, Jason Kipnis, Betts to Dodgers

Feb 5, 2020, 9:26 AM

Boy that line by Ty Cobb was Ty Cobb to a Tee. I remember as a youngster my dad would tell me stories how Cobb would sit in the dugout so the other team could see him, and he would use a file on his spikes. Then when he would slide into second he would always go feet in the air.
Sad situation with Marquee network. As much as I love my Cubs I'm not sure I would pay $13 a month to watch them. As a retiree living on Social Security I have to watch every buck. I'm kind of getting resolved to the idea of just listening along with the best radio team of Pat & Ron and following along and commenting on Yahoo's game day.

Re: Cubs News and Notes: 2020 Predictions, Marquee meltdown, Jason Kipnis, Betts to Dodgers

Feb 5, 2020, 10:43 AM

Ty Cobb was certainly an interesting fellow. I wonder how he would be viewed nowadays if he played.

Feb 5, 2020, 2:14 PM

Cobb was a great talent, but there is no room in baseball for his unsportsmanship and anger. I think he would think todays ball players are sissies.

Message was edited by: Ken®

Feb 5, 2020, 2:30 PM

Agreed 100 percent.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic