ChicagoSportsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Report Card Grades: Schwarber, Happ, Heyward, more
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Oct 16, 2019, 1:09 PM

One of the biggest question marks on the Cubs for several seasons has been the production of their outfield. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Report Card Grades: Schwarber, Happ, Heyward, more

Oct 16, 2019, 2:36 PM

I agree with most of what was written, though I'm still not sold on Schwarber, but he isn't the only under performer on the team. We have struggled the past two years with guys struggling offensively until June or July. That just can't happen. We've become accustomed to the statement "It's early", by the end of April, in my mind, it's no longer early. It was proven in 2016 that getting off to a good start is imperative which leads me to the thought "Are we really as talented as we've been lead to believe?" or was 2016 a career year for the entire team? If true, that is very troublesome looking to the future.

As far as Castellanos, if the front office doesn't find a way to keep him in Chicago I for one will not be happy. Wrigley Field is the perfect park for him to hit and as you have stated, the perfect #2 hitter. He is a pure hitter that will surprise you with power. The front office have thrown some big money contracts to players, many of which have been a complete flop. Surely, they will make signing Castellanos a priority. That is if they are serious about winning next year. So the day after the World Series is over they should make Castellanos an offer he can't refuse, and then set there sights on all the other weak areas that require addressing.

I just want to see good fundamental baseball by this team. Get back to good old fashioned baseball, bunting, stealing bases, less guys left on base, better defense, be mentally prepared the entire game. Everything that is supposed to be taught and learned in the minors. Less preoccupation with personal performance. This is a team sport and I didn't see enough of that last year.

I don't want to wait another five or ten years to get back to the playoffs. That's the Cubs of old. We're better than that. Cub fans deserve a consistent winning team that competes at a high level.

Re: Report Card Grades: Schwarber, Happ, Heyward, more

Oct 16, 2019, 3:17 PM

I think the Cubs would love to have Castellanos but his agent is gonna make it difficult.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic