ChicagoSportsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Commentary: A year of goodbyes in 2019
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Sep 30, 2019, 8:01 PM

Every year we see players and managers come and go, but somehow, 2019 seemed like a real gut-punch.
Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Commentary: A year of goodbyes in 2019

Oct 1, 2019, 1:26 AM

I HATE how soft modern rhetoric is. "Oh this is a great moment for everybody, we're all going to move on and grow. Thanks so much."

########! If I'm Joe Maddon I call them all out. I take you to five winning seasons, four playoffs, two division titles, three NLCS appearances, an NL pennant (that you haven't won in 71 years) and a World Series championship (which you haven't won in 108 years) and then you're going to say you just need a new set of eyes? I think you need a new set of brain lobes!

In the five previous years they finish dead last in the division five times. They hadb't won a playoff series in over a decade. Before Joe, they'd only played in the NLCS three prior times in its existence. And now, because they miss the playoffs by a couple games in the last week of the season, Joe has to go.

And if he has to go, they have to replace him. With who? Who is this mega-manager who is so much better (and also unemployed?) What a joke. Remember when the Bears fired Lovie and brought in Tressman? Remember his credentials were his Canadian Football Championships? Well get ready for the ext Cubs coach to be the guy who just won some foreign World Series that no one has ever heard of. Get ready for 100 loss seasons. Get ready to see guys who deserve to die as Cubs get traded off. Get ready for a rough ride.

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic