ChicagoSportsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cubs News and Notes: Fly the W, Maddon’s fate, Cubs’ window, KB on Maddon, more
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Sep 29, 2019, 8:03 AM

Maddon was expected to meet with Theo last night after the game for the answer to the question surrounding his future. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Fly the W, Maddon’s fate, Cubs’ window, KB on Maddon, more

Sep 29, 2019, 11:05 AM

In a lost season, sweeping the Cardinals in the their house, and having Milwaukie win to force game 163 would be rather gratifying.

I'm old enough to remember September of 1969 and how the "Miracle Mets" overtook us. This September was about as heartbreaking. I don't believe in curses but I do believe everything happens for a reason and there is always some to come from the worst of times.

If Maddon is gone, which is likely, I for one will miss his analytical baseball humor. He was so much fun to listen to with his post game analysis. It's easy for fans to sit back and arm chair manage, I'm guilty of that myself. Yes, Maddon made some costly mistakes with the handling of the pitching staff, but with 25 under achievers there's only so much you can do. Costly injuries, poor fundamental baseball, the lack of a bona-fide leadoff hitter all factor into a lost season.

I suspect we'll see a very different team come opening day 2020.

I've been a Cubs fan for 61 years and I'll continue to root for them for my remaining years. These last five years have been, for the most part, exciting and hopeful.

Ricketts has got to open up his wallet and sign Castellanos, and whoever gets traded we better get a high return for. I've said this over and over again but free agency has ruined the game of baseball. I believe there should be a salary cap, regardless of how good the player is. No player is worth 300 million who hits in the low 200's even if he hits 40 dingers.

Now that the season is over I can relax and hope the Cardinals get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round. That would be heartwarming. See you next year. In the mean time GO CUBS!!!

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic