ChicagoSportsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cubs News and Notes: Kris Bryant's case, Maddon's reaction, World Series, Hot Stove, more
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Cubs News and Notes: Kris Bryant's case, Maddon's reaction, World Series, Hot Stove, more

Oct 27, 2019, 9:31 AM

The CBA has rules in place regarding service time and while Theo may have exploited a gray area in the contract, but from what I can tell, he appeared to stay within the lines.
Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Kris Bryant's case, Maddon's reaction, World Series, Hot Stove, more

Oct 27, 2019, 11:26 AM

I understand the point of views from both sides. But I thoroughly understand why the Cubs management did what it did with Bryant. Although we all hate to admit it, baseball is a business. If the Cubs had brought Kris up right away, it would have made no bit of difference with Bryant resigning with the Cubs in the future, especially with Boras as an agent. The Cubs had to protect their interest. With Kris/Boras not wanting to do any contract extensions, it will be interesting to see the Cubs approach with free agent 3B Rendon.

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Kris Bryant's case, Maddon's reaction, World Series, Hot Stove, more

Oct 27, 2019, 3:57 PM

Solid take...as most things it's all about the $$$ and not the fandom or loyalty on both sides.

Oct 27, 2019, 8:32 PM

Sad, but your absolutely right it is only about one thing for both sides.... $$$.

Oct 28, 2019, 9:09 AM

The good thing about the Cubs is there a ton of players that would love to play for the ballclub now and in the future.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic