ChicagoSportsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cubs Odds and Ends: The Descalso debacle, Zo and a halo, End of innocence with Ross
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Cubs Odds and Ends: The Descalso debacle, Zo and a halo, End of innocence with Ross

Nov 2, 2019, 12:08 PM

I have nothing personally against Descalso, but I don’t want to see a guy who’s batting .173 with a negative 1.4 WAR donning a Cubs’ uniform, and I don’t care what it the Cubs have invested in him. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cubs Odds and Ends: The Descalso debacle, Zo and a halo, End of innocence with Ross

Nov 2, 2019, 12:58 PM

Ken, being a columnist, I guess you have to be objective to some degree, but it sounds to me like your glass is alway half empty. You give several reasons why you are not a supporter or Ross,and then turn around and say you are behind him 100%. i don't believe it.

Re: Cubs Odds and Ends: The Descalso debacle, Zo and a halo, End of innocence with Ross

Nov 2, 2019, 1:01 PM

I totally agree with you Mr. Allison. Only I didn't understand letting LaStella go and signing Descalso. That made absolutely no sense to me. It's time for Theo/Ricketts to admit there error of judgement for those transactions, eat DD's remaining salary and let him walk. He is dead weight on this team that Rossy has to try and turn around.

Nov 2, 2019, 4:45 PM

Ken is agreeing with Ken

Nov 4, 2019, 8:10 AM

I agree that signing Descalso, especially to a multi year deal, was just dumb. And if Zo doesn’t come back Howie might be the guy they need but at some point one the others has to become that “veteran presence” the team always seems to need. Rizzo anyone? But to me the more important thing is that guys like Almora, Happ, Bote, and Russell have to become the players they are supposed to be. Then the Cubs won’t need to be going out signing guys like Descalso, Cargo, or Kendrick.

Nov 4, 2019, 1:15 PM

Agreed...solid first take. It doesn't matter how much veteran leadership you have on your team if your talent sucks.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic