ChicagoSportsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have the Reds become the team to beat in NL Central?
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Jan 27, 2020, 11:30 AM

Perhaps their latest and quite possible best signing in the NL Central took place early Monday as the Reds have agreed to a four-year deal with Nicholas Castellanos taking away any hope of a Cubs reunion with them. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have the Reds become the team to beat in NL Central?

Jan 27, 2020, 12:08 PM

I hope Ricketts is happy and Epstein as well for letting Castellanos slip away. I hope he demolishes the 19 games he'll play against the Cubs this season. How could this happen. Too bad Rossy can't opt out of his contract, I feel like he's been set up for failure by the powers that be. This has to be one of the worst off seasons of acquisitions in my 67 years of being a Cubs fan.

You'd think that they would have learned their lesson with the Soriano deal years back, but apparently not. None of the big money free agents they've signed have produced on a consistent basis, none of them, zilch. If they reach. 500 at the break I'll be shocked.

The current players have got to be shaking their heads over this off season. It will take a miracle for the Cubs to finish in 4th place. Cardinals, Reds, Brewers, Cubs, Pirates. That's how I see the end of September to look like. Another "wait until next year"

Re: Have the Reds become the team to beat in NL Central?

Jan 27, 2020, 12:10 PM

I hope Ricketts is happy and Epstein as well for letting Castellanos slip away. I hope he demolishes the 19 games he'll play against the Cubs this season. How could this happen. Too bad Rossy can't opt out of his contract, I feel like he's been set up for failure by the powers that be. This has to be one of the worst off seamsons of acquisitions in my 67 years of being a Cubs fan.

You'd think that they would have learned their lesson with the Soriano deal years back, but apparently not. None of the big money free agents they've signed have produced on a consistent basis, none of them, zilch. If they reach. 500 at the break I'll be shocked.

The current players have got to be shaking their heads over this off season. It will take a miracle for the Cubs to finish in 4th place. Cardinals, Reds, Brewers, Cubs, Pirates. That's how I see the end of September to look like. Another "wait until next year"

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic