ChicagoSportsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who should the Cubs pick at No. 16 overall in MLB draft?
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

May 3, 2020, 8:04 AM

Today I will look at six players as to whom the Cubs may take with pick No. 16 overall with three being pitchers and three being hitters. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who should the Cubs pick at No. 16 overall in MLB draft?

May 3, 2020, 10:51 AM

good read

May 5, 2020, 12:44 PM

Excellent column Mr. Riese! I think the Cubs should take a long hard look at the 1B position. I hope Anthony Rizzo is resigned to a player friendly contract the Cubs owe him that for the team friendly contract he signed in the past with no complaint from Anthony, but because Rizz is now 30 they need to start looking towards the future for that position as well. Besides Sabato, Cubs should also take a long look at other 1B like Spencer Torkelson - Arizona State, Niko Kavadas - Notre Dame & Bobby Seymour Wake Forest. I don't hold out much hope for Torkelson though, he looks like the best player overall in the draft and he just might go #1 in the draft.

May 5, 2020, 4:49 PM

Thank you Ken. You're getting a little bit too far ahead of me you need to stop doing that. The top 30 internatonal prospect list was released last weekend and I am starting a series covering 5 of those prospects A-day in talking about them and breaking them down as to why they may be a fit for the cubs and if the cubs should pursue them. I believe there are 1 or 2 1st baseman on that list.

Going back to the draft, once I finish the internatonal prospects series I will be switching over to the draft as they have the top 150 draft prospects released. Similar to the internatonal prospect stories I will be doing and similar to the cubs prospects stories I did in the past I will be breaking down that list also 5 players at a time to go through that group of 150 players. Normally 150 players wouldn't amount to much in the draft because they're so many rounds. However, this year 150 players is equivalent to roughly 5 Rounds and this year with everything going on most people expect the draft to be anywhere from 5 to 10 rounds only. When I break down the 150 draft prospect list it's going to be a mix of high school college and junior college prospects that they feel are the top 150 players. That is when you will get to see more of these 1st baseman of the cubs should pursue although the one I highlighted in the story to me is the 1 that makes the most sense at least from a batt standpoint.

May 5, 2020, 4:58 PM

Great, Looking forward to the upcoming stories! ??

May 7, 2020, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Who should the Cubs pick at No. 16 overall in MLB draft? ]

Solid take

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic