ChicagoSportsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Willson Contreras' future: Stay or Go?
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Dec 9, 2019, 10:50 AM

While this is expected to be the offseason of reckoning that Epstein has promised, will they really deal from their so-called core? Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Willson Contreras' future: Stay or Go?

Dec 9, 2019, 12:24 PM

If these 4 men can't help Willy with his framing, and defense, then they could't help anyone. Contrera's has played like Baez inthe past, like his hair is on fire. He already has stated he wants to be the best catcher that ever played. I think if he can stay healthy this year, it will definitely be to the Cubs advantage. And at least once or twice a week use Caratini. We lose little of nothing behind the plate, and he delivers offensively from time to time. I think
Victor needs more playing time to be effective at the plate. He needs to play at least one game in every 3 or 4 game series. Makes Contrera more effective with occasional rest!

Dec 10, 2019, 10:51 AM

I'm not a huge fan of them trading Contreras. However, I do understand that the catcher position they have are four deep of talented players with him, Caratini, Amaya, and the new International prospect they got that one day might be the most talented.

Obviously, that would take a while those guys to be closer to being ready but they are coming through the pipeline.

I guess whatever it takes to get back to the playoffs instead of the Cards, I will be OK with. I do enjoy watching Willson play with his passion.

Dec 11, 2019, 3:38 PM

I too love the fire Willson plays with and would truly miss him if he was traded, but I understand Theo's thinking. He has stated everyone on the team could be traded, but it would take a very significant package to pry Contreras from the Cubs.

Dec 11, 2019, 3:55 PM

Agreed...if he gets traded, I would think it will be a nice package of players hopefully

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic