It's official: Cubs-Cardinals will play three doubleheaders at Wrigley Field
|Friday, August 14, 2020 12:50 PM-|
Major League Baseball today announced that the St. Louis Cardinals will return to the field tomorrow in a doubleheader against the Chicago White Sox at Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago. Today’s originally scheduled game against the White Sox will be made up as part of the doubleheader beginning at 1:10 p.m. (ET)/12:10 p.m. (CT). Sunday’s contest between the Clubs remains as scheduled for 2:10 p.m. (ET)/1:10 p.m. (CT).
Additionally, MLB announced several rescheduling updates for the Cardinals, Chicago Cubs, Pittsburgh Pirates and Minnesota Twins following the postponement of the last weekend’s Cardinals-Cubs series, as well as this week’s postponed games between the Cardinals and Pirates.
CHI @ STL
- The three game series between the Cardinals and Cubs, which was originally scheduled for August 7th-9th at Busch Stadium, will be rescheduled as part of three doubleheaders at Wrigley Field.
- Each doubleheader will consist of the originally scheduled game at Wrigley, as well as one make-up from last weekend’s scheduled series. Since the make-ups are Cardinals home games, the Cubs will be the home team for Game 1 of each doubleheader, while the Cardinals will be the home team for Game 2 of each doubleheader.
- The first doubleheader will be played on Monday, August 17th beginning at 5:15 p.m. (ET)/4:15 p.m. (CT).
- The second will be played on Wednesday, August 19th beginning at 2:20 p.m. (ET)/1:20 p.m. (CT).
- The third will be played on Saturday, September 5th beginning at 5:15 p.m. (ET)/4:15 p.m. (CT).
STL @ PIT
- The three game series between the Cardinals and Pirates, which was originally scheduled for August 10th-12th at Busch Stadium, will be rescheduled as part of two doubleheaders.
- The first will be played on Thursday, August 27th at Busch Stadium beginning at 3:15 p.m. (ET)/2:15 p.m. (CT). This was a mutual off-day for both Clubs and the doubleheader will make up the games from August 10th and August 11th.
- The second will be played on Friday, September 18th at PNC Park beginning at 4:05 p.m. (ET)/3:05 p.m. (CT). The Pirates will be the home team for Game 1, which is the originally scheduled game, and the Cardinals will be the home team for Game 2, which will make up the game from August 12th.
MIN @ STL
- In an effort to create an additional off-day for the Cardinals in September, the two-game series between the Cardinals and Minnesota Twins at Busch Stadium, scheduled for Tuesday, September 8th and Wednesday, September 9th, will now be played as a doubleheader on Tuesday, September 8th beginning at 3:15 p.m. (ET)/2:15 p.m. (CT).
The postponed doubleheader between the Cardinals and Detroit Tigers, originally scheduled for Thursday, August 13th, will be rescheduled at a later date.