ChicagoSportsHQ Boards

Donor's Den General Leaderboards HQ coins™ POTD Hall of Fame FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your HQ coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cubs News and Notes: Cubs split two games, Rizzo trolls Astros, Hendricks on outing, more
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Cubs News and Notes: Cubs split two games, Rizzo trolls Astros, Hendricks on outing, more

Mar 3, 2020, 8:03 AM

On Monday, the Cubs split the squad, hosting the Angels in the afternoon, with the remainder of the team traveling to Walking Stick to face the Oakland A’s last night. Full Story »

founder_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Cubs split two games, Rizzo trolls Astros, Hendricks on outing, more

Mar 3, 2020, 8:26 AM

Thanks for some details about game 2 from last night. I woke up this morning and went right to yahoo sports box score for that game and of course there was no stats for the Cub players. ??
Well the Cubs/Angels game turned out to be as entertaining as I thought it would be. Does anyone have any doubts that Rizzo would make one heck of a color man or MLB network personnel when his playing career is over. The guy has the personality to go along with being an excellent student of the game. The game itself had some good Cub highlights. In the pitching department the Cubs got good outings by the Professor, Jeffress and Brooks. Caratini continues to prove the Cubs have the best catching tanden in the majors. Happ continues to rake. He sure used his time in the minors last year to his advantage. I'm hoping Nico Hoerner does likewise if they start him off this year at Iowa. It's beginning to look like the Cubs might start off with a combo of Kipnis/Bote at 2nd. Kudos to Schwarbs for triple to drive in three runs. He could be inline for a big RBI year. Lastly, my thoughts and prayers go out to John Olerud and family on the death of his daughter Jordan. I remember John as an excellent hitter (.295 BA /255 HRS / 1250 RBI's) winning the AL batting title in 1993 and was runner up in the NL batting title in 1998. He also won 3 Gold Gloves at First Base. After having surgery for a brain aneurysm his junior year in college he always wore his batting helmet even when playing defense.

Re: Cubs News and Notes: Cubs split two games, Rizzo trolls Astros, Hendricks on outing, more

Mar 3, 2020, 8:29 AM

I told the other Ken yesterday that I enjoyed that Cubs game probably the most since 2016...wish they would incorporate more of that type things into the sport.

Mar 3, 2020, 8:54 AM

Agreed that was one of the most entertaining Cub games I've seen in my time. I would like to see more mic'd players in spring training, but don't think it would work during the regular season. I could see it backfiring if a team with mic'd players was being blown away and the players felt they had to be entertaining. But in the Spring it made for very entertaining baseball!

Mar 3, 2020, 9:44 AM

Yea just for spring training mic'd up while actively playing.

Maybe they could do more clubhouse or dugout interviews during reg. or mic up the coaches more, etc. New fans need to see the personality of the players and coaches.

Mar 3, 2020, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Cubs News and Notes: Cubs split two games, Rizzo trolls Astros, Hendricks on outing, more ]

I could see Rizzo in the booth one day. his remark about "Someone bang for me was classic!

Mar 3, 2020, 11:22 AM

Rizzo is certainly a huge personality and will do well after his playing days

Mar 3, 2020, 1:21 PM

That bang a trash can comment had me rolling. Not only was their commentary fun but you saw the team working on their own and together.

Mar 3, 2020, 4:45 PM

I like your profile pic

Mar 4, 2020, 9:33 AM

Thanks. Randomly found it online. I want to look up items on it for licensing and see if I can get it on a tee or something.

Mar 4, 2020, 10:15 AM

People seem to like t-shirts that have Cubs stuff on them

Mar 4, 2020, 10:31 AM

I have heard that rumor.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Chicago Sports HQ Boards - CubsHQ Board
add New Topic