NFL Power Rankings: Bears move up close to Top 10
|Sunday, October 18, 2020, 8:08 AM- -|
We at ChicagoBearsHQ would love to deliver NFL Power Rankings for week 6 after a fun and wild week 5.
We decided to explain the top 15 rankings. 1. Seahawks 5-0 - Russell Willson and the Seahawks are the only team in the league to be 5-0. Wilson has solidified himself as an MVP candidate with 19 touchdowns through five weeks, and the offense looks explosive through the first five weeks. The latest of their five wins was a comeback thriller over the Vikings in prime time — that and a Cheifs loss is enough to get the Seahawks to number. 2. Packers 4-0 - The Packers quietly went 13-3 last season and started year 2 of the Matt Lafleur era with a bang and a 4-0 record to show for it. Rodgers and the Packers have now put up 30 or more points four games in a row and look unstoppable. The Packers come off their bye-week this week with a showdown against the Bucs.
We decided to explain the top 15 rankings.
1. Seahawks 5-0 - Russell Willson and the Seahawks are the only team in the league to be 5-0. Wilson has solidified himself as an MVP candidate with 19 touchdowns through five weeks, and the offense looks explosive through the first five weeks. The latest of their five wins was a comeback thriller over the Vikings in prime time — that and a Cheifs loss is enough to get the Seahawks to number.
2. Packers 4-0 - The Packers quietly went 13-3 last season and started year 2 of the Matt Lafleur era with a bang and a 4-0 record to show for it. Rodgers and the Packers have now put up 30 or more points four games in a row and look unstoppable. The Packers come off their bye-week this week with a showdown against the Bucs.
3. Chiefs 4-1 - The reigning Super Bowl champions have been dethroned from the top spot in our rankings. A lackluster performance that still saw the Chiefs score 32 points resulted in the Cheifs’ first loss since last season. Expect KC and their new addition of Leveon Bell to bounce back this week against the Bills.
4. Ravens 4-1- The revenge tour is underway for Baltimore. Baltimore sits at 4-1 after a dominant win over the Bengals on Sunday. Lamar is back to using his legs, the defense looks scary, and the rest of the league should keep an eye on B-More.
5. Titans 4-0 - A year after making the AFC Championship, the Titans look poised to take advantage of a division that has lacked a true contender. Tennessee retained Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry, which was their bread and butter down the stretch. The Titans have a few defensive moves to go, but signing Jadeveon Clowney certainly helps. And the Titans have kept their hot streak alive after beating the Broncos, Jaguars, and came from behind to beat the Vikings, and blew out the Bills on Monday night after a Covid layoff. This team looks legit.
6. Steelers 4-0 - A postponed week didn’t stop a healthy James Connor, Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster, Ben Roethlisberger from getting their fourth win over the Eagles. They have one of the best defenses in the league and have an emerging rookie in Chase Claypool. The Steelers have definitely been impressive so far.
7. Bills 4-1 - The AFC East is finally for the taking, and the Bills look primed to take it, despite a hiccup on Monday Night against the Titans. Josh Allen has emerged as a legitimate MVP candidate, and the Bills looks scary in the AFC. The offense has more playmakers, and the defense is a force to be reckoned with and will look to get back on track this week against Kansas City.
8. Saints 3-2 - After losing in the postseason in heartbreaking fashion three years in a row, Drew Brees resigned with one goal in mind: a Lombardi Trophy. The quest has hit a rocky start after losing on Monday night to the Raiders and Sunday night to the Packers, but the Saints have since had come from behind victories against the Lions and Chargers without Michael Thomas. The Saints are finally beginning to look like the Saints of old.
9. Rams 3-1 - In a year where the Rams were expected to take a step back after losing many pieces after last year, the Rams have turned heads in five weeks. The Rams have swept the NFC EAST and lost to the Bills so far and are looking to solidify themselves as contenders in the NFC. For now, they’re good enough for the top ten.
10. Patriots 2-2 - 2020 will be the Patriot’s first crack at life without Tom Brady. So far, the Cam Newton experiment has been exciting. The Patriots have a dynamic offense mixed with one of the league’s top defensive teams. This Patriots team maybe A LOT better than we thought. Without Cam Newton, who tested positive for Covid-19, the Pats were no match for the Chiefs. The Patriots sit at 2-2. (DID NOT PLAY, COVID-19 POSTPONED)
11. Bears 3-1 - The Bears rise to 11 after an impressive showing on Thursday night against the Bucs. After three consecutive wins and a quarterback change, the offense did not show up two weeks ago against the Colts but played a complete game against the Bucs. This team needs to find its rhythm, but the pieces are there for success.
12. Browns 4-1 - After a week one loss to Baltimore, the Browns have now rattled off four wins in a row — the latest, a gusty win in a tight game over the Colts. Baker Mayfield is being relied on to manage the game while the Browns running attack sets the tone, and the defense has been good. The Browns are now firmly in our top-15 and looking to stay.
13. Buccaneers 3-1 - A team with tons of expectations had a rough game last week, including Tom Brady forgetting what down it was as the Bears beat him. The NFC South is currently jam-packed, and the Bucs have a tough game on their schedule as they look to pull away.
14. Raiders 3-2 - The Raiders have now beaten the Saints, Chiefs, and Panthers in what has been an impressive start for Las Vegas. Derek Carr has looked elite, the run game has been efficient, and the defense has done enough for Jon Gruden’s squad to be 3-2.
15. Colts 3-2 - The Colts were in our initial top 15 heading into the year, but a loss at the hands of the Jaguars dropped them out of it. Now, after three straight wins, including a strong performance against the Bears — the Colts were back in the top 15. This week, they drop after a tough loss to the Browns. With a defense like that, all Phillip Rivers need to do is not turn the ball over and this Colts team is scary.
16. Cardinals 3-2
17. Panthers 3-2
18. Cowboys 2-3
19. 49ers 2-3
20. Eagles 1-3-1
21. Dolphins 2-3
22. Chargers 1-4
23. Vikings 1-4
24. Texans 1-4
25. Falcons 0-5
26. Bengals 1-3-1
27. Broncos 1-3
28. Lions 1-3
29. Jaguars 1-4
30. Football Team 1-4
31. Giants 0-5
32. Jets 0-5
Keep an eye out as we will periodically update these rankings during the season.